what’s up, world?
No wait, please don’t leave! You can call me Liberry. I’m 15 years old, and I like books, cats, plants, drawing, and blueberries. I’ve always loved reading (just ask my family..or the local librarians.. or my friends..or ANYONE WHO HAS EVER KNOWN ME EVER.)
Random family member: Liberry, what do you want for your birthday?
Random family member: That's it? But you always want books.
Me: Give me books.
Random family member: But isn't your grandmother already-
Me: GIVE ME MORE BOOKS.
This blog will be mainly focused on books and art, and sometimes both. It will also have mandatory cute cat picture breaks and random posts about the environment, feminism, and whether cake or pie is better (Spoiler alert: It’s pie. It’s always pie.) I plan to post once a week, on Fridays.
The kinds of books I love the most:
- Are all-ages, MG, and sometimes YA.
- Make me want to laugh, cry, collapse on the ground screaming, and die of emotional overload.
- Include diverse characters, locales, and perspectives.
- Include comics, graphic novels, and regular novels
- Play with existing tropes in original and innovative ways.
- HAVE AUTHORS THAT DON’T KILL OFF ALL MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS.
- Include all genres EXCEPT romance and dystopia.
- Have snarky cat sidekicks. (Which I’ve noticed there are less of in YA books. What’s wrong with you, YA authors? DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE TEENS WANT?!?)
- Make me hope that just maybe, the world can be a good place.
Anyway, if you read this far, thank you! You’re awesome and I hope you have a great day!